One-Day Law School for Journalists, hosted by Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts, is an intensive program designed to support journalists and others in the media who face the challenge of reporting on the court system without a law degree.
The topics of this year’s presentations are:
- A Conversation on the Federal Judicial Process
- Understanding & Covering Criminal Litigation 101
- Understanding & Covering Civil Litigation 101
- Right to Know & Open Records
- Access to Information & the Impact of Disinformation on the Public’s Confidence in Our Courts
Although this program was designed for journalists, it is open to all who are interested. There is no cost to participate, but attendees must register in advance in order to receive the information needed to attend.